Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Weekend of Firsts.

It is Sunday and what a beautiful weekend it has been.
This blog is still a work in progress and in my efforts to avoid writing a paper for school, I thought I would turn my procrastination into some quality blogging time.
This weekend has been a weekend of Autumn firsts.
On Saturday we took a drive for some ice cream and a walk in the park.
Autumn had her first scoop of ice cream. First ice cream serving at age 2? Whoa! As parents, we monitor what our little one eats, candy and sweets are rare and often a delicacy. 
At first a little unsure and skeptical, she became comfortable with her strawberry scoop.
Today, Sunday, I finally became comfortable with the idea of painting her toenails. I'm not sure how or why I thought it would be a good idea to do this, but with the never ending ideas of bonding with Miss Autumn, I thought how awesome it would be to do this together on a raining afternoon. So I grabbed the purple and pink nail polish she picked out yesterday, and there we sat on the living room floor, just us girls. After painting one foot purple and the other pink, I looked at my handy work and felt a sudden twinge of regret. What did I just do? Why did I feel sad? Part of me thinks it may have been too soon, or maybe the fact that our little girl is growing up too fast! Overall, I think it may be because I jumped the gun on this one, introducing nail polish and anything "girly" may not be the best idea for my 2 year old, or more so, for me right now. So with that said, any future polishes are non existent right now. Have you had a similar experiences? Please share! 


My half marathon training is coming to an end. I ran my last long training run this morning, 8 miles. I usually do group runs with Montgomery MultiSport on Saturday mornings but opted to run alone on a Sunday morning. Slow and steady with a mix of sight seeing along the way, I managed to open my eyes and see what beautiful areas Montgomery has to offer. I am a huge fan of F. Scott Fitzgerald and came across a house he lived in from 1931 to 1932. How interesting! He met his wife/muse, Miss Zelda Fitzgerald in Montgomery, Alabama.






No comments:

Post a Comment