Monday, March 3, 2014

From Alabama to Illinois



Moving is exhausting. Moving is stressful.

I finally found some time to relax and gather my sanity over what has been going on these past few weeks. I am exhausted. We are officially moved in and residents of Illinois! I do miss Alabama at times, the convenience of having a home and knowing where everything is, but over time, I know I will adjust.

I haven’t blogged in awhile, so much time has been spent traveling and unpacking and quite frankly, I have just been extremely busy and drained. This move took a lot out of me, not only physically, but also mentally. We drove from Montgomery to Nashville to Metropolis to Belleville, IL. We enjoyed some sightseeing in Nashville and I thought I would share some photos of our journey. 

Right now I am trying to remain focused on putting our home together, as well as enjoy some alone time with my Autumn Rose. I am officially not working at the moment, which has been a change from my regular work schedule and duties. Not knowing when or where my next job will be has me anxious and somewhat stressed. I am glad we prepared accordingly for this move, financially, so that I am able to be home for a bit, but regardless, I am going to begin my search soon. We have officially been here for a week and I love it so far, St. Louis is only a drive away and there is so much to do, which I LOVE. I am looking forward to a rendezvous to Chicago soon, as well as another mini vacation to NYC. Something I can always look forward to, TRAVELING. Our little mini has become accustomed to the traveling lifestyle, I was truly amazed at how well she handled this relocation. Within the past few months, we have been to Colorado, New Orleans, from Alabama to now Illinois. She has become quite the little traveler. 

I can tell Autumn misses the company of youngins her age as well as some outside play, but this weather has us cooped up in the house all day. It is extremely cold, beyond what I expected, and beyond what I was prepared for. Again, in time, I hope to adjust. Autumn spends a lot of time in her room; cooking, reading, building and dancing. She is becoming quite the entertainer and cook. As I’m typing, she prepped some eggs and onions with a side of eraser and says, "Mommy eat." I am excited to begin the preparation for decorating her room again. I have some ideas and looking forward to the end result. The BIG 3 is coming up soon, I cannot believe how fast she is growing. In the mean time, I hope to find more time capturing our beautiful moments and blogging!! 














No comments:

Post a Comment