Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Snow Day. A Perfect Day.


Sometimes you just need a snow day.
Today the South got a cold hit of supreme coldness and SNOW!
Everything closed down, the roads were empty and Alabama transformed into a state of emergency.
I woke up thinking it would be another cold day in Alabama, spent my morning watching and supporting my hubby as he was sworn in to do another 6 years in the Air Force. I stood by, a proud wife, in awe of how much he has accomplished. I am proud of how much this man, whom I met at age 19, has grown; a strong, smart, handsome individual. I am proud of the both of us, I am proud of myself for still having goals and dreams to accomplish. My husband is in the Air Force, but I will never claim or take credit for his accomplishments. I have my own legacy, and I am dignified in that statement.  I could not be more proud of him. I am not exaggerating when I say, he is truly the most perfect man. He has no flaws, trust me, I've tried to think of some, but he really has not faults whatsoever. I am truly lucky.

After the ceremony, I scurried back to work, thinking I'd spend the rest of the day working. Soon family members were calling, worried, asking why I was working because the SNOW was coming! We rarely get snow here in Alabama, so everyone gets crazy! Not long after, I decided to just head home and be with my LOVES, the weather called for some family coziness. Today was memorable, filled with nap time, food, a movie with Autumn and some well spent time in the snow. I think we now know the true experience of what a snow day consists of, and I only hope we have more in the future.













No comments:

Post a Comment