Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Trip to the Library & Weekend Sweetness.


Ever since I was a little girl, I've always had a LOVE for books. As a child, I must have read almost every book in the library. Book fairs and the scholastic catalogs were something I looked forward to as a child. There was something about getting involved and lost in a different world, or maybe it was how my imagination would grow. Today Autumn and I took a trip to the library. Our house has been chaotic, full of boxes and packing this weekend. It was nice to get away from all of that for an hour or so. When we walked into the library, Autumn's reaction was priceless. She kept saying "WOW."I wanted to remember that very moment, I wanted to, for a minute, stop time and hold on to it for as long as I could. She is getting older and at times I feel like I am not strong enough to adjust. As we prep for our move, which is within the next 3 weeks, there are a lot of her baby items I am sorting through. I had to let go of her crib set this weekend. I remember Re and I building that set in her room, getting ready for her arrival, before ever setting eyes or holding her. Along with getting older, growing taller, her hair is only getting bigger, and her vocabulary consists of a lot of "no's." In the midst of all of that, moments like going to the library are what I live for.

I said to Re today; she is the best thing I've ever done. My biggest accomplishment. And of course, as a man and husband, he replies: What about me? Jokingly, I tell him he is a medal I've earned, or maybe a certificate. Then he continues to tell me; "a medal of honor, the highest medal there is, because you should be honored to have a husband like me." I roll my eyes and say, "okay babe." But he is right. I am extremely lucky and blessed.






Weekends are my favorite. I look forward to sleeping in. I look forward to not having to interrupt the tiny little body sleeping next to me, because she has a routine of coming in at the middle of the night. I don't mind, because I know one day she will stop. So I welcome her every night. I miss the nights of her and I, waking up in the wee hours to breastfeed, Re would be asleep and the world was quiet, we would be up, just her and I. I am hoping this move to Illinois will allow more me time until I adjust and start job searching, I am hoping I have more time to contribute to my blog instead of only on the weekends. Its still coming along, and still always a work in progress. Here are a few photos from the weekend:





No comments:

Post a Comment