Saturday, July 6, 2019

July 6 2009 - July 6 2019.

10 years ago I married my best friend. I was scared and still learning about life and myself. Honestly, I had no idea what I was doing, but I KNEW I wanted to walk this journey of life with him. I needed him in my life, and now that I look back on the last 10 years, this still holds true. Not all marriages are perfect, although at times it does seem ours is. We’ve made mistakes, I know I have, but we’ve gotten to a place where enjoying life and each other is so much more important than anything else. We choose laughter and experiences. We are each other’s best friend; we listen, we understand, we encourage each other. Each year it seems like we grow and evolve; our relationship gets better. The first few years were hard, I’m not going to lie, just the two of us. Then we had Autumn and then suddenly everything changed. She changed me, she made me a better person, she made our relationship, our marriage, better. It seems like these years passed quickly. I reminisce on our travels, relocating, career changes and accomplishments, and I also think about the hard times, the challenges and uncertainty between those highlights. Re has been my rock, even when I didn't deserve it, he was and is always there. We've been together for 15 years, but these 10 years, I feel, are what counted the most. So as we embark on this next decade, I look forward to adding a new addition, continue the endless laughter, travel, and grow in love, friendship, family, career, and health.

To my husband, for always understanding the complex person I am. For making me laugh when I need it the most. For holding me in your big arms. For always making me feel safe. For forgiveness and understanding. For your encouragement, your love, your friendship. For always knowing our future. And most importantly, for loving me as an individual, loving me for me, not only as a wife or mother, but truly knowing ME. I love you. 

Here's to the next 10 years...


No comments:

Post a Comment