Friday, January 10, 2014

Relocation Anxiety.


“Everything will be okay, everything will fall into place.”
A statement I’m becoming familiar with as time is swiftly approaching for our move to Illinois. So much to do in such a short amount of time. Today has been one of those days, I’m not sure if it’s the melancholic weather,  the fact that I am really in no mood to work today, or just the aftermath from a difficult yesterday. Whatever is going on, I feel the need to readjust and figure things out. The idea of a private and releasing cry sounds ideal, or maybe a long therapeutic run will do the trick.  
Next month we will be moving to Illinois and we have yet to start packing. That statement scares me. I hope to start this weekend. My mind has been contemplating the idea of resigning earlier than expected. The thought of being alone at home with sorting, organizing and packing almost sounds perfect to me, but the idea of continuing to contribute monetarily is also important as well. One of the difficult aspects of being a wife to a military member is the constant change; pursuing a stable career may sometimes feel impossible. As we relocate, I have to start over, begin a new search for a new job. I understand it comes with the territory and as a spouse, I have to adjust.  Sounds easier said than done if you ask me, especially coming from a driven, hardworking, intelligent woman such as myself. I’ve worked hard for my education and experiences, and I will continue to do so. My geographic location may rely on my husband, but my dreams, ambitions, goals rely heavily on me. So as time approaches for our move, I keep telling myself, “Everything will be okay, everything will fall into place.”

I started this blog in hopes of sorting out whatever doubts or questions I am currently having. Is money over peace of mind more important? Should I resign 2 weeks earlier than expected or work up until the day we leave? It is Friday, so my plan is to go home and do all the necessary things to put my mind at ease, and hopefully the answer to my questions will arise this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment